We currently have Charity Nomination Forms on file for the organizations listed below. Members attending the meeting can each put a name from this list in the hat before the meeting. Three of these names will be drawn and we will hear a five-minute presentation from a 100+ Women Who Care member about each one.
How to nominate a group for consideration:
- Complete a Nomination Form and return it via mail or email at least two days before the next meeting. If the group’s name is already listed below, you don’t need to do anything.
- We will create a slip of paper for each charity on the list below and we will have the slips on a table before the meeting.
- When you check in, you will have a chance to put the name of the charity you would like to speak about in the hat. You must be a 100+ Women Who Care member to put a name in the hat, vote for, or speak about charities.
Following is the list of causes that are eligible for consideration:
- BirchBark Foundation
- The Cali Project
- CASA of Santa Cruz (Re-eligible December 2018)
- Dientes Community Dental Care (Re-eligible March 2019)
- Digital NEST
- Ecology Action
- Girls Inc. of the Central Coast (Re-eligible September 2018)
- Grey Bears
- Homeless Garden Project
- Hopes Closet of Santa Cruz
- Hospice of Santa Cruz County
- Jacob’s Heart
- The Literacy Program
- Mini Mermaid Running Club
- NextStage Productions
- Partnership for Children
- Positive Discipline Community Resources
- The Romero Institute
- Salud y Cariño
- Santa Cruz Children’s Museum of Discovery
- Shane’s Inspiration/Leo’s Haven
- Team G Childhood Cancer Foundation
- Teen Kitchen Project
- UCSC Women’s Club
- Women CARE
Why isn’t my charity on the list? In order to eliminate charities that are no longer active, we will remove them from this list if no one puts them in the hat for three consecutive meetings. Please feel free to resubmit your charity at any time up to two days before the meeting!