100+ Women Who Care is a group of women who gather four times a year for a one-hour meeting, learn about local charities, and each donate a $100 check to a charity that the group selects. This combined donation of $10,000 makes a real impact, without time-consuming fundraising events and planning. Our Santa Cruz 100+ Women Who Care giving circle has already donated more than $220,000 to provide for those in greatest need in Santa Cruz County. We hope you will join us at our next meeting to see how easy and fun it is!
100 Women Who Care is for you if:
- You don’t have time in your busy life to volunteer but have been wanting to help those in need, and you can commit to one hour every three months;
- You are involved with other groups but are interested in meeting other women philanthropists in Santa Cruz;
- You want 100% of your donations to go directly to a local charity;
- You want your $100 donation to become a part of a larger amount of money by joining together with other women—creating a powerful impact in our local area.
To join 100 Women Who Care Santa Cruz, complete a Membership Form and return it via mail, email, or bring it to the next meeting. To nominate a charity for consideration, complete a Nomination Form and return it via mail or email at least two days before the next meeting. You must be at the meeting and be a member to put a name in the hat, vote for, or speak about the organization.
Upcoming 2019 Meetings:
We meet four times a year in March, June, September and December at the Museum of Art and History (MAH)’s Garden Room, located at 705 Front Street, Santa Cruz. Come down at 5:30 and grab a bite to eat and a beverage at Abbott Square, then head to the MAH’s Garden Room at 6:30 for our one hour meeting. Mark your calendars for our 2019 meetings:
- March 13, 2019 (Wednesday)
- June 12, 2019 (Wednesday)
- September 11, 2019 (Wednesday)
- December 4, 2019 (Wednesday)
Want to mail a check?
If you missed the meeting, didn’t send anyone in with your check, or just forgot to bring your check, please mail your $100 check made out to the selected charity to: Diane Lamotte, 604 Middlefield Drive, Aptos CA 95003.